All students in Years 7 to 11 are expected to wear the school uniform with pride. Girls’ trousers are no longer required to be bought from our uniform outfitters, however, they must be school trousers. Leggings, skinny trousers or jeans will not be allowed. Any student wearing the incorrect uniform will be challenged and offered alternative items to wear if we have them available or we will contact you to ask you to bring in the correct uniform for your son/daughter to wear. Students who refuse to wear or adjust their uniform may be sent to our Referral Room.
Sweatshirts, sweaters and polo shirts are available for purchase from our preferred suppliers – see below.
Year 7 - 11: No outdoor clothing will be allowed inside the main building. Students must remove coats before they come into the building. This is a school rule and should be adhered to at all times. Students failing to do so will receive a sanction.
Please see examples of acceptable and unacceptable footwear below. Boots are not allowed to be worn. Students wearing incorrect footwear will be required to change into spare school shoes unless they have a medical note from a Doctor/GP.
31 Broadway Market, Hackney, London E8 4PH
Tel: 020 7923 9313 or shop online at www.trutexhackney.com/collections/stoke-newington-school-6th-form
135 West Green Road, London, N15 5AD
Tel: 020 8800 8909 or shop online at Uniform-me.com
All students in Years 7 to 11 are expected to wear the school uniform with pride. Girls’ trousers are no longer required to be purchased from our uniform outfitters; however, they must be school appropriate trousers. Leggings, skinny trousers, jeans or anything with pockets sown on the outside is not allowed. Any student wearing the incorrect uniform will be challenged and offered alternative items to wear if available or we may contact you to request you to bring in the correct uniform for your child to wear.
Stoke Newington School have a non-gendered uniform policy. Below is a list of permitted uniform items:
- Year 7 & 8: a standard white shirt with collar or school polo shirt
- Year 9, 10 & 11: a standard blue shirt with collar or school polo shirt
- A school sweatshirt or cardigan with the school logo
- A plain black knee-length skirt
- Plain black trousers with pockets sewn within the trouser
- Tailored (fitted) shorts
- Plain black full-length culottes
- Black leather shoes
- Religious clothing or items must be plain black
- One small stud earring per ear. No other piercings (eyebrows, nose etc.) are acceptable
- The year-group lanyard
- A rucksack/school bag that fits an A4 ring binder folder (any type of handbag is not permitted)
- A suitable outdoor coat, which must be removed in the school building
The following items are strictly forbidden
- Black chinos
- Skinny trousers
- Combat trousers
- Any trouser that has back pockets sewn ONTO the trouser, rather than from within
- Trainers (apart from in PE lessons)
- Hooded tops
- Branded clothing (for example Nike, Adidas, etc)
- Hats (except for outside during cold weather).
Students are allowed one small stud earring per ear.
Students must use a bag/rucksack that is appropriate for the school day.
PE kit must be worn in PE lessons. This is: a school PE T-shirt or school PE sweatshirt, black shorts or black tracksuit bottoms and training shoes. The PE kit can be purchased from our preferred uniform suppliers.
Please note: football boots must have moulded rubber studs suitable for a 3G football pitch. No other type of studs are allowed. This is a requirement from the Football Foundation to ensure the pitch's longevity and protect it from damage.